10/10/2011

Percy Grainger - Mock Morris



Percy Grainger - Mock Morris
Original Footage: Charles Cozens Spencer's 1910 film "Marvellous Melbourne (Australia): Queen City of the South" courtesy of Archive.org.
Music: Percy Grainger's "Mock Morris" also published in 1910. This track is from the movie "Howards End" recorded in 1991 Twickenham Studios, Petersham. Conductor Harry Rabinowitz. Piano, Martin Jones. Orchestra not cited. Orchestrations b, Robert Stewart. Copyright 1992 Nimbus Records.

(An excerpt from the "Interview: Van Dyke Parks" on musicOMH.)
"When you asked if I had any influences, the answer is Percy Grainger, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Delius, Smetana, Dvořák - the guys that bring it from the streets. That's what really interests me. I've always wondered at that. People have done that so well, but I like to bring it in to song form, and it's the song form that is my gig."

寝起きの連想:パーシー・グレインジャー ..... ヴァン・ダイク・パークス

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿