7/27/2012

The Sea and Cake - Harps



The Sea and Cake - Harps


"I was interested in writing songs that started not with guitar but with synthesizer/sequencer ideas. The modular synth parts didn't always make it through to the final recordings, but the influence is still there. On "Harps" for instance, that melody and structure could not have happened if I hadn't played off the sequencer right at the beginning. Having the pieces start in my home studio, I became quite cavalier with them, painting with a new fat sloppy brush. The songs were feeling pleasantly out of control and I was hearing music unlike other material I had come up with before."  --Sam Prekop


Listen to a brand new song 'Harps' off of The Sea And Cake‘s forthcoming 10th full-length album "Runner" which began as the companion piece to 2011's "The Moonlight Butterfly." Songs were designed in synthesizer experiments at Sam Prekop's home studio were reimagined by the other members, and eventually recorded and mixed by John McEntire at Chicago’s Soma Studios. Due out on September 18th via Thrill Jockey, September 5th via Commons (Japan).

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿